Everyone has a part to play in helping the NHS and care providers to meet the challenges being faced. Here are six things you can do to help:
- Take responsibility for your own health
- Remember to have your flu jab this winter if you are at risk
- Take your first step to quit smoking, there’s lots of support out there
- Be more active! Just 20 minutes a day of gentle exercise can make all the difference
- Keep any appointments – if you can’t, let us know, as missed appointments cost the NHS
millions every year
- Choose the right NHS services at the right time and please keep emergency services free for
serious illnesses or injury
Are you ready to
People in the North East and North Cumbria are known for looking out for one another and pulling together through difficult times. It's more important than ever to #DoYourBit to protect yourself, your NHS and your community.
Small steps to feeling good
Being active is good for our mental and physical wellbeing, it's proven to make us happier and healthier. HowFit encourages people of all ages and abilities to follow a plan of simple exercises to do at home and no equipment is needed.